How to Change Your Yahoo Password
There are different reasons that may prompt you to do a change of your Yahoo password. It may be that you wish to have a new password because it has been compromised or you have forgotten the current password and need to have a new one. If you are having this problem these steps will assist in correcting it. The Yahoo password change will affect your entire account including Yahoo! Messenger.
Instructions to Change a Yahoo Password if it has been compromised
- Go to Yahoo! and sign in using your Yahoo ID and current password
- Go to Account Info or My Account settings and select option to Change Password
- Enter your current password in first box
- Enter new password in second box
- Confirm new password in third box
- Click Save
Instructions to Change a Forgotten Yahoo Password
- Go to Yahoo’s home page
- Click Sign In
- You will see the Yahoo Id and Password boxes, look below those and click the link that says “I can’t access my account.”
- Select “I forgot my password” and click Next.
- Enter your Yahoo Id and the captcha code shown in the box below.
- Verify your identity by answering the security questions in the wizard. The requested info is the same you would have entered when you created the account.
- Click Next
- Reset your password. Enter the new password, confirm and save.
Tips and Warningss
- You can also apply the instructions to change a forgotten password to changing a forgotten Yahoo Id or if the current password just does not work. Select the desired option when you get to step 4.
- Yahoo! Passwords must have at least six characters.
- For stronger passwords, include numbers, upper case and lower case letters.
- Ensure that your password is easy to retain.